23.3.09

Creepy Crawlies

I have decided to make a creepy crawly quilt for my youngest man, who is really in to bugs at the moment.

Using Jacquard Tee Juice Fabric pens, and Shiva paint sticks, I will attempt to create about 40 pictures of bugs and other creepy crawlies, and then make a Snowball quilt with them. So I am on the lookout for bug fabric at the moment. I have found some green/orange butterflies that he loves, and some blue/purple butterflies as well.

The creatures, or mini beasts are not just insects, but Snails fall into the invertebrates family, and Spiders do fit under arthropods, part of the arachnid family.
I have managed to draw 4 ants, 2 facing left and 2 facing right.

Ants are a symbol of patience,persistence, endurance, self-discipline, teamwork, strength, and stamina . All great things a boy needs to learn about in his process of becoming a man.
Ant teaches a sense of community, social structures, industriousness and sense of provision. Ant shows how to create by planning and discipline and patience with endurance. Ant also shows a promise of success through efforts and hard work and diligence.

No comments: